The Saturday Quiz
1. Which major singer-songwriter is also the author of the 1966 novel Beautiful Losers?
2. Which is the highest mountain in the world that is not part of a mountain range?
3. An upright black bear is the symbol of which major European capital?
4. Which is usually bigger, a boxing or a wrestling ring?
5. A copy of which statue at the V&A had a fig leaf added to it when Queen Victoria visited?
6. According to its sub-title, which 1726 literary classic involved 'Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World' by 'First a Surgeon, and then a Captain of Several Ships'?
7. Fluck and Law created which TV comedy?
8. Rodeo Drive is the main shopping district in which city?
9. Which London art gallery is named after a former leader of London County Council?
10. John Webster; Robert Graves; DM Thomas; Aravind Adiga. What's the connection?
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding