The Saturday Quiz
1. Who recently turned 19 and tweeted, 'Worst birthday ever'?
2. In order to write fiction, said Virginia Woolf, one must have money and… what?
3. The Vogalonga is an annual rowing race that takes place in which European city?
4. Which tennis player, b1952, holds the record for the most tournament victories (109) on the men's professional circuit?
5. Who was the last British PM born in the 19th century?
6. The Monkees; Hubert Selby Jr; James Fenimore Cooper; Leonardo da Vinci. What's the connection?
7. The Anvil Chorus comes from an opera by whom?
8. Which scientist (1642-1727) declared that "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"?
9. Begbie, Sick Boy, Spud and Renton are all characters in which 1993 novel (and 1996 film)?
10. During the Second World War, what was the women's branch of the British army called?
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
- 3 Nemanja Matic interview: My family were in tears when we left Lisbon
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Facebook links are profiting hackers