The Saturday Quiz
1. Who recently turned 19 and tweeted, 'Worst birthday ever'?
2. In order to write fiction, said Virginia Woolf, one must have money and… what?
3. The Vogalonga is an annual rowing race that takes place in which European city?
4. Which tennis player, b1952, holds the record for the most tournament victories (109) on the men's professional circuit?
5. Who was the last British PM born in the 19th century?
6. The Monkees; Hubert Selby Jr; James Fenimore Cooper; Leonardo da Vinci. What's the connection?
7. The Anvil Chorus comes from an opera by whom?
8. Which scientist (1642-1727) declared that "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"?
9. Begbie, Sick Boy, Spud and Renton are all characters in which 1993 novel (and 1996 film)?
10. During the Second World War, what was the women's branch of the British army called?
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more