The Saturday Quiz
1. The drug MDMA is also known as what?
2. David St Hubbins, Derek Smalls and Nigel Tufnel are all members of which band?
3. An epithalamium is a poem written to mark what occasion?
4. Sir Neville Chamberlain is credited with inventing which indoor sport while serving in the British Army in India in 1875?
5. The Movement for Democratic Change is a political party in which country?
6. Which Midlands university is named after a nobleman who led a 13th-century rebellion against Henry III and then became the de facto ruler of England?
7. Hoek van Holland translates as what?
8. Which supermodel was quoted as saying, "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day"?
9. Arthur Koestler; R Dean Taylor; The Specials. What's the connection?
10. For a venue to qualify as 'Off-Broadway', it must seat fewer than how many people?
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week