The Saturday Quiz
1. The drug MDMA is also known as what?
2. David St Hubbins, Derek Smalls and Nigel Tufnel are all members of which band?
3. An epithalamium is a poem written to mark what occasion?
4. Sir Neville Chamberlain is credited with inventing which indoor sport while serving in the British Army in India in 1875?
5. The Movement for Democratic Change is a political party in which country?
6. Which Midlands university is named after a nobleman who led a 13th-century rebellion against Henry III and then became the de facto ruler of England?
7. Hoek van Holland translates as what?
8. Which supermodel was quoted as saying, "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day"?
9. Arthur Koestler; R Dean Taylor; The Specials. What's the connection?
10. For a venue to qualify as 'Off-Broadway', it must seat fewer than how many people?
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Man tweets about bad service, gets kicked off plane, told to delete tweet before re-boarding
- 2 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Exclusive: David Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict