The Saturday Quiz answers
Saturday 21 January 2012
1. Meryl Streep.
2. Leeds Utd and Manchester Utd; Eric Cantona.
4. William Faulkner.
6. The Cook Islands.
8. Cash machine.
9. Less than half as big.
10. All died on their birthdays.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration