The Saturday Quiz answers
Here are the answers to this week's quiz...
1. The Clash ("Lost in the Supermarket").
2. The statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro.
3. They've all had songs written about them by Monty Python.
4. Ice hockey (Toronto Maple Leafs beat Detroit Red Wings).
6. They all have Royal Warrants.
7. The Times.
8. The Footlights.
9. Orwell (b1903 – the other two were born in 1899).
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’