The Saturday Quiz answers
Here are the answers to this week's quiz...
1. The Clash ("Lost in the Supermarket").
2. The statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro.
3. They've all had songs written about them by Monty Python.
4. Ice hockey (Toronto Maple Leafs beat Detroit Red Wings).
6. They all have Royal Warrants.
7. The Times.
8. The Footlights.
9. Orwell (b1903 – the other two were born in 1899).
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it