The Saturday Quiz answers
Saturday 09 August 2014
Here are the answers to this week's quiz...
1. Luise Rainer
2. Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
3. Vickers Valiant
4. Lymeswold Cheese
5. "Can You Hear the People Sing?" from Les Miserables
6. Milquetoast from Caspar Milquetoast, created by H T Webster for his series The Timid Soul
8. A parliament
9. The "kilometre zero" from which all distances to Paris are traditionally measured
10. The TV remote control
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Jeremy Corbyn: Tony Blair could face war crimes trial over 'illegal Iraq invasion'
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-diver missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims