1. Which phrase regarding the persuasive power of numbers did Mark Twain attribute to Benjamin Disraeli?
2. What does the 'SIM' of SIM card stand for?
3. The wrestler Maurice Tillet is thought to have inspired which character, the hero of four hit CGI films between 2001 and 2010?
4. Which symbol did the artist Gerald Holtom design in 1958?
5. At the funeral of which English comic actor did Buster Keaton declare, 'Chaplin wasn't the funniest, I wasn't the funniest – this man was the funniest'?
6. Which element, a gas, is 'strange', etymologically speaking?
7. Which American author took British citizenship in 1915 to express solidarity with the war effort?
8. Whose wedding in 1981 drew 24 million UK TV viewers – almost as many as that of Charles and Diana, two days later?
9. What six-letter word links the artist Alexander Calder and a port in Alabama?
10. The surname of which recently deceased actor means 'noble' in Arabic?
Tweet your score to @indymagazineReuse content