The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Until 2004, which Birmingham studios comprised the BBC's Midlands base?
2. Which language had a so-called Silver Age?
3. Which national newspaper changed its name for a day on 23 July this year?
4. The planner most responsible for the rebuilding of Paris in the 1860s has a boulevard named after him on which stands the Galeries Lafayette. Who was he?
5. Which future US President shook hands with JFK when he was 19?
6. George Osborne is a character in which 1848 English novel?
7. More Than Fair is a current London exhibition of artworks by which English musician (1942-2000)?
8. Which is the largest country entirely within Europe?
9. Sequels in which film franchise have already been announced for release in 2016 and 2018?
10. The Beagle conflict – a dispute over a group of islands in the 1970s – involved which two South American countries?
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 2 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Sharknado 2: Former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle to fight second wave of flying sharks