1. Until 2004, which Birmingham studios comprised the BBC's Midlands base?
2. Which language had a so-called Silver Age?
3. Which national newspaper changed its name for a day on 23 July this year?
4. The planner most responsible for the rebuilding of Paris in the 1860s has a boulevard named after him on which stands the Galeries Lafayette. Who was he?
5. Which future US President shook hands with JFK when he was 19?
6. George Osborne is a character in which 1848 English novel?
7. More Than Fair is a current London exhibition of artworks by which English musician (1942-2000)?
8. Which is the largest country entirely within Europe?
9. Sequels in which film franchise have already been announced for release in 2016 and 2018?
10. The Beagle conflict – a dispute over a group of islands in the 1970s – involved which two South American countries?