The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. How is Jorge Mario Bergoglio (born 1936) better known?
2. Masters and Johnson were a 20th-century husband-and-wife research team specialising in what?
3. Which celebrated 1932 novel is set in the London of 2540?
4. Who is Jane Austen to replace as the face of the £10 note?
5. The so-called Time of Troubles – comprising both an interregnum and a famine during the early 1600s – was a period in which country's history?
6. Which city has a Test cricket ground named after Colonel Gaddafi?
7. Associated with the monasteries at Melrose and Lindisfarne, his tomb is in Durham Cathedral and he is regarded as the patron saint of northern England. Who?
8. "If they're dead, we'll sign them" was a slogan of which 1976-founded UK record label?
9. Which controversial company was founded in 2007 by Errol Damelin?
10. The amphibious Jeep was called what?
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >