The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Widely regarded as the world’s first pop festival, it took place in California in June 1967. Which festival?
2. The two zoos owned by the London Zoological Society are London Zoo and which other zoo?
3. Edd Kimber in 2010, Joanne Wheatley in 2011, and John Whaite in 2012 were the first three winners of what?
4. The city of Suez stands at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal. Which city stands at the northern entrance?
5. The US equivalent of the UK’s Arts Council is called what?
6. Which has the bigger population, the Orkney Islands or the Shetland Islands?
7. Quinoa originated in which continent?
8. The Wounded Knee Massacre, the launch of the county cricket championship, and the death of Vincent van Gogh all occurred in which decade?
9. James Bond; Bertie Wooster; Sebastian Flyte; Captain Hook. What’s the connection?
10. Whose top priority was “education, education, education”?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing