The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Widely regarded as the world’s first pop festival, it took place in California in June 1967. Which festival?
2. The two zoos owned by the London Zoological Society are London Zoo and which other zoo?
3. Edd Kimber in 2010, Joanne Wheatley in 2011, and John Whaite in 2012 were the first three winners of what?
4. The city of Suez stands at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal. Which city stands at the northern entrance?
5. The US equivalent of the UK’s Arts Council is called what?
6. Which has the bigger population, the Orkney Islands or the Shetland Islands?
7. Quinoa originated in which continent?
8. The Wounded Knee Massacre, the launch of the county cricket championship, and the death of Vincent van Gogh all occurred in which decade?
9. James Bond; Bertie Wooster; Sebastian Flyte; Captain Hook. What’s the connection?
10. Whose top priority was “education, education, education”?
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
musicAs Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder rake in the royalties from their classics, why there hasn't been a decent festive hit for 20 years?
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding