The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Widely regarded as the world’s first pop festival, it took place in California in June 1967. Which festival?
2. The two zoos owned by the London Zoological Society are London Zoo and which other zoo?
3. Edd Kimber in 2010, Joanne Wheatley in 2011, and John Whaite in 2012 were the first three winners of what?
4. The city of Suez stands at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal. Which city stands at the northern entrance?
5. The US equivalent of the UK’s Arts Council is called what?
6. Which has the bigger population, the Orkney Islands or the Shetland Islands?
7. Quinoa originated in which continent?
8. The Wounded Knee Massacre, the launch of the county cricket championship, and the death of Vincent van Gogh all occurred in which decade?
9. James Bond; Bertie Wooster; Sebastian Flyte; Captain Hook. What’s the connection?
10. Whose top priority was “education, education, education”?
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'