The Saturday quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The Medici dynasty was centred on which city?
2. The deepest point in the Mediterranean Sea is closest to which European country?
3. Which fifth-century figure inspired both a play by Shakespeare and an overture by Beethoven?
4. Which musician (b 1958) produced an album known as – but not officially titled as – the Love Symbol Album?
5. The name of which alcoholic drink is derived from the Dutch for 'burnt wine'?
6. Which charity was founded in 1942 with the initial aim of providing food relief for occupied Greece?
7. Which 19th-century politician, upon becoming Prime Minister, famously declared, "I have climbed to the top of the greasy pole"?
8. Pizza Hut Park, Texas, plays host to which sport?
9. Which French artist was the first to exhibit in the Tate's Turbine Hall?
10. Naomi Campbell was wearing the clothes of which British designer when she fell on a Paris catwalk in 1993?
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella