The Saturday quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The Medici dynasty was centred on which city?
2. The deepest point in the Mediterranean Sea is closest to which European country?
3. Which fifth-century figure inspired both a play by Shakespeare and an overture by Beethoven?
4. Which musician (b 1958) produced an album known as – but not officially titled as – the Love Symbol Album?
5. The name of which alcoholic drink is derived from the Dutch for 'burnt wine'?
6. Which charity was founded in 1942 with the initial aim of providing food relief for occupied Greece?
7. Which 19th-century politician, upon becoming Prime Minister, famously declared, "I have climbed to the top of the greasy pole"?
8. Pizza Hut Park, Texas, plays host to which sport?
9. Which French artist was the first to exhibit in the Tate's Turbine Hall?
10. Naomi Campbell was wearing the clothes of which British designer when she fell on a Paris catwalk in 1993?
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London