The Saturday quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The Medici dynasty was centred on which city?
2. The deepest point in the Mediterranean Sea is closest to which European country?
3. Which fifth-century figure inspired both a play by Shakespeare and an overture by Beethoven?
4. Which musician (b 1958) produced an album known as – but not officially titled as – the Love Symbol Album?
5. The name of which alcoholic drink is derived from the Dutch for 'burnt wine'?
6. Which charity was founded in 1942 with the initial aim of providing food relief for occupied Greece?
7. Which 19th-century politician, upon becoming Prime Minister, famously declared, "I have climbed to the top of the greasy pole"?
8. Pizza Hut Park, Texas, plays host to which sport?
9. Which French artist was the first to exhibit in the Tate's Turbine Hall?
10. Naomi Campbell was wearing the clothes of which British designer when she fell on a Paris catwalk in 1993?
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 New Tricks: Dennis Waterman to leave the show after a decade of crime-solving