1. The Medici dynasty was centred on which city?
2. The deepest point in the Mediterranean Sea is closest to which European country?
3. Which fifth-century figure inspired both a play by Shakespeare and an overture by Beethoven?
4. Which musician (b 1958) produced an album known as – but not officially titled as – the Love Symbol Album?
5. The name of which alcoholic drink is derived from the Dutch for 'burnt wine'?
6. Which charity was founded in 1942 with the initial aim of providing food relief for occupied Greece?
7. Which 19th-century politician, upon becoming Prime Minister, famously declared, "I have climbed to the top of the greasy pole"?
8. Pizza Hut Park, Texas, plays host to which sport?
9. Which French artist was the first to exhibit in the Tate's Turbine Hall?
10. Naomi Campbell was wearing the clothes of which British designer when she fell on a Paris catwalk in 1993?