The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. What was first declared upon the accession to the French throne of Charles VII, following the death of his father Charles VI in 1422?
2. In which country did Skoda cars originate?
3. According to the line by WH Auden, what was "Bringing the cheque and the postal order"?
4. Bob Marley's backing group was called what?
5. According to 2012 figures, which country is visited by the most international tourists?
6. Harold Ross (1892-1951) was the founding editor of which publication?
7. Which major UK retail outlet has the same name as Odysseus's dog in Greek mythology?
8. Which UK city has an extinct volcano in the middle of it?
9. Dating back to 1851, it is the oldest trophy in international sport. Which sport?
10. A dime is worth how much?
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist