The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Which 1922 film, directed by FW Murnau, had its premiere at the Berlin Zoological Garden?
2. Which singer, born in New York in 1949 announced an ongoing residency at Madison Square Garden last month?
3. Hawthorn FC are the current AFL premiers – which sport do they play?
4. Which US President was born in Milton, Massachusetts on 12 June, 1924?
5. Edith Stein (1891-1942) was beatified by John Paul II in the Cologne in 1987. But where did she die?
6. Italy shares a northern border with France, Switzerland, Austria and which other country?
7. John Stapleton, Eamonn Holmes and Anthea Turner all presented which defunct TV programme?
8. Benedict Cumberbatch in film in 2014. Ed Stoppard on TV in 2011. Derek Jacobi on stage in 1986, 1987 and on TV in 1996. All playing which scientist?
9. The first public conveniences, the America's cup yacht race and the Colt Navy gun all share their origins in which 1851 UK event?
10. Paul Auster, Hubert Selby Jr and the Beastie Boys. What links them?
Tweet your score @indymagazine
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >