Today's letter from the Editor
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...
Letter from the editor: A sense of humour
We are currently engaged in defining the profile of a typical i reader — intelligent, successful, inquisitive, and devilishly good-looking, that type of thing — but it occurs to me that one quality that unites readers of this newspaper is a sense of humour.
(You need a sense of humour to wade through this rubbish day after day, I can hear you say.) And yesterday, as I established base camp before setting out on an assault on the working week, it was the wit of your letters that made Monday morning a bit more bearable.
First up was Dave Potten, of Rochester: “Why the fuss over Fulham FC’s new statue?” he asks. “I think it looks more like Michael Jackson than he did.” And then Nik Burlak, of York, made me laugh out loud by asking whether Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and Cooper Brown are related. I don’t know which one of them would be more affronted with the idea that they come from the same gene pool, but I did spend an idle minute or two wondering what a meeting of these two brilliant — but very different — individuals would be like. Who knows?
Perhaps they’d hit it off. Yasmin might even prove to be the civilising influence that Cooper sorely needs, and instead of spending his nights in hedonistic pursuit in the Groucho Club, he might choose an evening debating the rights and wrongs of multiculturalism in modern Britain. Then again, maybe not.
Oh, I almost forgot. We’ve got Katie Price in the paper today. And before you all start complaining — you promised us no celebrity nonsense! — it’s a really interesting and complex story that involves life, liberty, freedom of speech and the right to offend. Believe it!
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'