Fashion Audit: Going postal, shoe people, and straps for saps
What we love, we're not sure about, we're buying and can't wait for...
We love: Shoe people
Christian Louboutin's famous red soles aren't just for women, and a new dedicated men's boutique in Mayfair, filled with brogues, loafers and high-top trainers, is testament to that.
Christian Louboutin, 35 Dover Street, London W1, eu.christianlouboutin.com
We're not sure about: Straps for saps
Everyone knows an ankle strap on a shoe can be less than flattering, but buying a detachable elasticated strap just adds insult to injury. If court shoes leave you risking a "Cinderella moment", don't wear them in the first place.
We're buying: Wool over
Christmas jumpers come and go, but the results of a new collaboration between Matches and YMC will last a fair sight longer. Crew necks, rollnecks and cardigans in nine colour ways make up the new men's collection – all made in Scotland from a wool-and-cashmere blend.
From £225, matchesfashion.com
We can't wait for: Going postal
It may be de rigueur to send a last-minute animated e-card at Christmas, but there's still plenty of time to send the real deal. Will Broome's illustrations for teenage cancer charity Trekstock are sure to bring a festive smile to friends and family.
£5 for 6, trekstock.com
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eculizumab: 'The £10m-per-patient NHS drug gave me my life back’
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL DBA (SSIS, ETL) - Central London, £60,000...
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join an est...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity for a talented...