Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Miley Cyrus's punky rave rebellion
Rebecca Gonsalves: With a directional short back and sides, Cyrus has totally shed her squeaky clean tween image.
Hugh Montgomery: The punk hair is softening. We need a 3,000-word essay on the significance of this vis-à-vis Western gender relations now!
Rebecca: The sleeves of a yeti suit, the string vest from Onslow of 'Keeping up Appearances' and a neck brace from A&E – was this cobbled together as part of some bizarre scavenger hunt?
Hugh: Amid all the 1990s nostalgia, few have picked up on the "Camden Palace Happy Hardcore Rave" thread. So well done, Miley.
Rebecca: It's reassuring to see that bovver boots remain the ultimate footwear for rebellious young things – though most can't quite stretch to Chanel when it comes to stomping out of a room.
Hugh: These boots are made for twerking. (Cheap, but we had to get it in there somehow.)
Rebecca: Bondage-style briefs and a pair of nipple pasties aren't going to give much structural support – but she has her legions of adoring fans for that.
Hugh: She appears to be exercising the right of being a multimillionaire pop star: that you can wear pasties and get away with it.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an excellent, large partially ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...