This set of minis is guaranteed a fair trial
There's a lot being said at the moment about the shocking amount of food that gets wasted each day as perfectly good produce gets binned.
The same goes for beauty. I'm certainly not the only one who over the years has abandoned a significant pile of almost-new lotions, potions and unguents because they weren't living up to the hype or just weren't the right fit for me.
If a product is particularly expensive, I might persevere, silently chiding my skin for continuing to flake despite the oodles of goodness I'm lavishing on it, or even leaving posh bottles and tubes in my bathroom cabinet in a vague attempt to get my money's worth by impressing nosey house guests.
The beauty of the new skincare range from Stila – the cosmetics company that was big in the Nineties, went away for a bit and relaunched in 2011 – is that it comes in a choice of two "try-me" sets. So commitment-phobes can road test a basic set of three products (cleanser, face scrub and moisturiser) or plump for serum and toner as well in a five-piece kit.
The products are just the right size to get a fair trial and each will also be available in a full-size version, so those that pass muster can make their way into your beauty regime while those that don't can be abandoned guilt-free.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...