Fashion foists flapper fringing on to shoppers to coincide with release of The Great Gatsby
Retailers are desperately trying to foist flapper fringing and all things Jazz Age on to shoppers to coincide with the long-awaited release of The Great Gatsby. But, with the great Miuccia Prada designing some of the costumes for the big-screen version, everything else just pales into insignificance – no matter how many paillettes it’s been strewn with.
Click 'VIEW GALLERY' to see Prada costume sketches
Lucky Carey Mulligan then, who as Daisy Buchanan gets to shimmer in custom Prada, fox fur stole and all.
“[Baz] Luhrmann wanted to show her as the most beautiful and rich woman on earth,” the designer told WWD.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...