What the best-dressed breasts are wearing
As the sun makes a rare and somewhat bashful appearance, so too will bra straps across the land as clothes inevitably become flimsier and gauzier. The flagrant flashing of one's unmentionables may send the more traditionally mannered into a tizzy, but as long as the bits of your foundation garment that are on show aren't the colour of discarded chewing gum, an exposed strap here or there is no longer seen as a fashion faux pas.
Taking things one step further is designer Marlies Dekkers, whose strap-adorned and be-buckled bras are made to be seen – especially with lucrative exposure from fans such as Lady Gaga, Rihanna and most recently Tulisa. (Dekkers' multi-strapped concoctions were also sported by one Carrie Bradshaw – "So I got to thinking, why not show off my bra straps?")
The Dutch designer, who focuses on fit as well as fashion, recently launched in Harrods with a pop-up boutique in the department store to celebrate. Those who can't make it to the capital can buy the pieces online at harrods.com.
Life & Style blogs
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Scientists find the origin of 'bad' fat linked to heart disease and cancer
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Global leader in its respective ...
£130 - £161 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Do you have a qualificatio...
£6720 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Nottingham: The school is much la...