It's not just red trousers. New tumblr asks us to pity the poor salmon-shorted saps of North America
What do people have against those in bold casualwear?
Last year an anonymous London blogger started a briefly popular Tumblr site, Look At My Fucking Red Trousers!, which aimed to chronicle those gents seen around the capital in red slacks: “If you can’t wear red trousers, you’re better off wearing NO TROUSERS AT ALL,” the blog argued, among pictures of hipsters, rich country folk and braying Henley attendees.
The latest of these sartorial shaming sites takes aim at another maligned social set: rich, white, American college students wearing salmon shorts. The poor saps. White Boys in Salmon Shorts aims to “draw attention to and foster dialogue about the preponderance of white boys in salmon-coloured shorts and their variants, on our campus, as well as places across the country that have been affected”. It’s a worrying development, all right, but at least someone is being vigilant.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...