It's not just red trousers. New tumblr asks us to pity the poor salmon-shorted saps of North America
What do people have against those in bold casualwear?
Last year an anonymous London blogger started a briefly popular Tumblr site, Look At My Fucking Red Trousers!, which aimed to chronicle those gents seen around the capital in red slacks: “If you can’t wear red trousers, you’re better off wearing NO TROUSERS AT ALL,” the blog argued, among pictures of hipsters, rich country folk and braying Henley attendees.
The latest of these sartorial shaming sites takes aim at another maligned social set: rich, white, American college students wearing salmon shorts. The poor saps. White Boys in Salmon Shorts aims to “draw attention to and foster dialogue about the preponderance of white boys in salmon-coloured shorts and their variants, on our campus, as well as places across the country that have been affected”. It’s a worrying development, all right, but at least someone is being vigilant.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...