It's not just red trousers. New tumblr asks us to pity the poor salmon-shorted saps of North America
What do people have against those in bold casualwear?
Last year an anonymous London blogger started a briefly popular Tumblr site, Look At My Fucking Red Trousers!, which aimed to chronicle those gents seen around the capital in red slacks: “If you can’t wear red trousers, you’re better off wearing NO TROUSERS AT ALL,” the blog argued, among pictures of hipsters, rich country folk and braying Henley attendees.
The latest of these sartorial shaming sites takes aim at another maligned social set: rich, white, American college students wearing salmon shorts. The poor saps. White Boys in Salmon Shorts aims to “draw attention to and foster dialogue about the preponderance of white boys in salmon-coloured shorts and their variants, on our campus, as well as places across the country that have been affected”. It’s a worrying development, all right, but at least someone is being vigilant.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eculizumab: 'The £10m-per-patient NHS drug gave me my life back’
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...