It's not just red trousers. New tumblr asks us to pity the poor salmon-shorted saps of North America
What do people have against those in bold casualwear?
Last year an anonymous London blogger started a briefly popular Tumblr site, Look At My Fucking Red Trousers!, which aimed to chronicle those gents seen around the capital in red slacks: “If you can’t wear red trousers, you’re better off wearing NO TROUSERS AT ALL,” the blog argued, among pictures of hipsters, rich country folk and braying Henley attendees.
The latest of these sartorial shaming sites takes aim at another maligned social set: rich, white, American college students wearing salmon shorts. The poor saps. White Boys in Salmon Shorts aims to “draw attention to and foster dialogue about the preponderance of white boys in salmon-coloured shorts and their variants, on our campus, as well as places across the country that have been affected”. It’s a worrying development, all right, but at least someone is being vigilant.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...