Something For The Weekend: 2008 Asda Extra Special Chianti Classico Riserva; 2010 Château La Fleur de Haute-Serre; 2010 Pernand-Vergelesses Les Combottes Blanc
Saturday 08 December 2012
2008 Asda Extra Special Chianti Classico Riserva
It's well worth taking advantage of the current £2-off offer on this pasta basher from Castellani Spa, whose sangiovese fruit is tinged with savoury cherry fruit and herby undertones. £6.98, Asda
2010 Château La Fleur de Haute-Serre
This is a Malbec-based, fragrant, blackberry-hearted blend with a twist of liquorice spice, firm grip softened by merlot and enlivened by appetisingly savoury freshness. £10.49, Waitrose
2010 Pernand-Vergelesses Les Combottes Blanc
All the complex nuttiness you're looking for in a Côte de Beaune white burgundy with a seductive fruit richness that's transformed into a chalky dry, mineral freshness. £26, M&S
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...