Something for the weekend: 2012 Porcupine Ridge Viognier Grenache Blanc; 2011 Côtes du Rhône, Romain Duvernay; 2009 Pago de los Capellanes, Ribera del Duero
Saturday 03 August 2013
2012 Porcupine Ridge Viognier Grenache Blanc
This white blend mingles the aromatic qualities of the viognier grape with the stony freshness of the grenache blanc. Majestic, £8.99, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2011 Côtes du Rhône, Romain Duvernay
Spicily perfumed with a dark-berry fruit middle, this is a delightful grenache, syrah, mourvèdre blend. £9.95, Roberson, Kensington (020-7381 7870)
2009 Pago de los Capellanes, Ribera del Duero
Sumptuously pure tempranillo with sweet aromas of liquorice spice. Around £19.95, Berry Bros & Rudd, AG Wines (020-7266 4777), Exel Wines (01738 493535)
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Yves Saint Laurent ad banned for featuring 'unhealthily underweight' model
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 2 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
- 3 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 4 Fifa corruption: Qatar says investigations are racist, anti-Arab and show 'ugly face' of countries who lost 2022 World Cup bid
- 5 We have six months to save the world, says leading economist
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...