Something for the weekend: 2012 Porcupine Ridge Viognier Grenache Blanc; 2011 Côtes du Rhône, Romain Duvernay; 2009 Pago de los Capellanes, Ribera del Duero
Saturday 03 August 2013
2012 Porcupine Ridge Viognier Grenache Blanc
This white blend mingles the aromatic qualities of the viognier grape with the stony freshness of the grenache blanc. Majestic, £8.99, buy 2 = £6.99, Majestic
2011 Côtes du Rhône, Romain Duvernay
Spicily perfumed with a dark-berry fruit middle, this is a delightful grenache, syrah, mourvèdre blend. £9.95, Roberson, Kensington (020-7381 7870)
2009 Pago de los Capellanes, Ribera del Duero
Sumptuously pure tempranillo with sweet aromas of liquorice spice. Around £19.95, Berry Bros & Rudd, AG Wines (020-7266 4777), Exel Wines (01738 493535)
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Worst time to be a parent revealed: Dinner, baths and bed time push stress levels to peak
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
iJobs Food & Drink
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...