Something For The Weekend?
2004 Tesco Finest Great Southern Riesling; 2002 Lincoln Heritage Pinot Noir; Cuvée D Devaux NV Champagne
Saturday 19 March 2005
Under a fiver: 2004 Tesco Finest Great Southern Riesling, £4.99, Tesco
Tesco's Down Under wine buyer scores with this riesling from Howard Park in Western Australia. This aromatic dry white with its lime-like flavours and soft, juicy texture is enlivened by a refreshingly zesty twist of acidity.
Under a tenner: 2002 Lincoln Heritage Pinot Noir, Nina, £7.99, Unwins
Red burgundy it isn't - but, all the same, it is a satisfying answer for the price. A generously flavoured, warming New Zealand pinot noir, rich in strong flavours of strawberry and plum and generously spiced with oak.
Splash out: Cuvée D Devaux NV Champagne, £16.67, down from £27.99 www.tesco.com
Overstocking explains the discount on this classily packaged, rich champagne, reduced when you buy a case of six online (delivery is free). A luxuriously toasty, creamy number from the co-op based in the south of the region.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...