Soup lovers of the world, unite and rejoice (and then fact-check)
Whether you're on January girth-watch and are treating bread like a mortal enemy or are simply bored to tears of limp sandwiches eaten al-desko, soup is a scrumptious solution to a hungry office worker's lunchtime woes.
But the lunch-break broth bolt can be a fraught affair. Has Pret a Manger discontinued your favourite flavour? Will others have beaten you to all the onion soup at Eat? Is Tossed serving its lentil dhal? It's enough to give you indigestion.
However, one website bids to stop soup selection being stressful. Whatsoupisittoday.com lists the choices on offer each day at the above chains, so you know what to expect. The site's design is as simple as cream of tomato, but what about its accuracy?
Alas, when Trending tested it, its listing for Pret was way out. It said sag aloo, we got Malaysian chicken curry. However, its creators say their data comes from each restaurant's official site, so we can't be too cross. After all, it is a souper idea…
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Jeremy Hunt to reform hospital parking rules
Victoria’s Secret says tickets for the London fashion show are not for 'sale' - but seats are still available for £10k
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...