Soup lovers of the world, unite and rejoice (and then fact-check)
Whether you're on January girth-watch and are treating bread like a mortal enemy or are simply bored to tears of limp sandwiches eaten al-desko, soup is a scrumptious solution to a hungry office worker's lunchtime woes.
But the lunch-break broth bolt can be a fraught affair. Has Pret a Manger discontinued your favourite flavour? Will others have beaten you to all the onion soup at Eat? Is Tossed serving its lentil dhal? It's enough to give you indigestion.
However, one website bids to stop soup selection being stressful. Whatsoupisittoday.com lists the choices on offer each day at the above chains, so you know what to expect. The site's design is as simple as cream of tomato, but what about its accuracy?
Alas, when Trending tested it, its listing for Pret was way out. It said sag aloo, we got Malaysian chicken curry. However, its creators say their data comes from each restaurant's official site, so we can't be too cross. After all, it is a souper idea…
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...