The 10 Best cookbooks for autumn
From culinary classics to the tastiest new releases, these seasonal reads will give you something to chew over...
Friday 14 September 2012
1. Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible
If you only ever buy one curry recipe book, make it this one. It is meticulously researched, as well as tried and tested by a legend.
2. Pie by Angela Boggiano
This shows you to master the art of pastry-making and turn even a frugal filling into a lavish, comforting pie, from calzone to steak-and-kidney pie.
3. The Autumn Fruits Cookbook
This may be the best fiver you spend all year, with a host of quick, easy and inspired recipes.
4. Jerusalem by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi
A stunning book that collates the writers' best Middle-Eastern recipes, but be prepared to hunt for some of the ingredients.
5. Jamie's 15-Minute Meals by Jamie Oliver
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals was the fastest-selling non-fiction book ever. Now he's halved the cooking time – will this beat his own record?
6. Slow Cooking by James Martin
Every recipe includes an hour or more of cooking or marinating time. Yet they require minimum effort; the oven does all the work.
7. Nigelissima by Nigella Lawson
Nigella's recipes are full of shortcuts and delicious, making her books bestsellers. This one turns to Italian food following her latest BBC series.
8. Michel Roux: The Collection
The chef's 250 favourite recipes are not for the faint-hearted – think poussins scented with ginger and wild mushroom cappelletti.
9. Kitchen Diaries II By Nigel Slater
Britain's best-loved food writer and presenter has come up trumps again with this second volume of his acclaimed book.
10. Fireside Feasts & Snow Day Treats
Indulgent comfort food at its best – just what you need as the nights start to draw in; from slow-cooked pork belly to classic apple pie.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 will function as 'mobile wallet' following Apple deal with Visa - reports
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...