The 10 Best cookbooks for autumn
From culinary classics to the tastiest new releases, these seasonal reads will give you something to chew over...
Friday 14 September 2012
1. Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible
If you only ever buy one curry recipe book, make it this one. It is meticulously researched, as well as tried and tested by a legend.
2. Pie by Angela Boggiano
This shows you to master the art of pastry-making and turn even a frugal filling into a lavish, comforting pie, from calzone to steak-and-kidney pie.
3. The Autumn Fruits Cookbook
This may be the best fiver you spend all year, with a host of quick, easy and inspired recipes.
4. Jerusalem by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi
A stunning book that collates the writers' best Middle-Eastern recipes, but be prepared to hunt for some of the ingredients.
5. Jamie's 15-Minute Meals by Jamie Oliver
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals was the fastest-selling non-fiction book ever. Now he's halved the cooking time – will this beat his own record?
6. Slow Cooking by James Martin
Every recipe includes an hour or more of cooking or marinating time. Yet they require minimum effort; the oven does all the work.
7. Nigelissima by Nigella Lawson
Nigella's recipes are full of shortcuts and delicious, making her books bestsellers. This one turns to Italian food following her latest BBC series.
8. Michel Roux: The Collection
The chef's 250 favourite recipes are not for the faint-hearted – think poussins scented with ginger and wild mushroom cappelletti.
9. Kitchen Diaries II By Nigel Slater
Britain's best-loved food writer and presenter has come up trumps again with this second volume of his acclaimed book.
10. Fireside Feasts & Snow Day Treats
Indulgent comfort food at its best – just what you need as the nights start to draw in; from slow-cooked pork belly to classic apple pie.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...