The 10 Best ice creams
From clotted cream and caramel crunch to low-fat gelato and chocolate fondant, help yourself to some heaven in a tub.
1. Antonio Federici pistacchio
£4.39 for 500ml, ocado.com
A gelato, the low-fat cousin of ice cream, made to the 1896 Federici Family recipe. It's quite thick, with a tongue-pleasing creaminess and is subtly sweet.
2. Ben and Jerry Phish Food
£3 for 500ml, asda.com
It may have first come out all the way back in 1997 as an icy paean to Vermont band Phish, who were Ben and Jerry's neighbours, but this is still a chocolatey corker.
4. Waitrose Devonshire clotted cream
£3.99 for 1 litre, waitrose.com
Clotted cream may equal clotted arteries, but what a way to go. With its glossy smoothness, this is best eaten when just melting.
5. Haagen-Dazs chocolate fondant
£3.29 for 200ml, tesco.com
Overwhelmingly chocolatey – with both chocolate ice cream, sauce and brownies in the mix. Just don't eat more than one.
6. Rookbeare Farm pure Jersey vanilla
£4 for 500 ml, rookbearefarm.co.uk
Its bourbon vanilla flavour and Jersey cream milk has an alpine purity to it.
7. Heston from Waitrose salted caramel popcorn
£2.79 for 300ml, waitrose.com
Chef Blumenthal has essentially put a cinema confectionary stand into an ice cream here. Delicious.
8. Yeo Valley Organic Greek yogurt and honey
Although we like this, it is never going to be to everyone's taste: it is softer than normal ice cream and is partially made of yoghurt.
9. Green and Black's white chocolate and raspberry
£4.50 for 500ml, goodnessdirect.co.uk
If you love white chocolate you'll adore this. Particularly cake-like.
10. Gelupo Coppa raspberry lemon meringue pie
£3.95 for 150ml, selfridges.com
A gelato. Less fat so the raspberry and lemon are punchier. A zinger.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
1 in 3 women will get bacterial vaginosis but are unlikely to know what it is
Alzheimer's breakthrough: Scientists may have found potential cause of the disease in the behaviour of immune cells - giving new hope to millions
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...