The 10 Best ice creams
From clotted cream and caramel crunch to low-fat gelato and chocolate fondant, help yourself to some heaven in a tub.
1. Antonio Federici pistacchio
£4.39 for 500ml, ocado.com
A gelato, the low-fat cousin of ice cream, made to the 1896 Federici Family recipe. It's quite thick, with a tongue-pleasing creaminess and is subtly sweet.
2. Ben and Jerry Phish Food
£3 for 500ml, asda.com
It may have first come out all the way back in 1997 as an icy paean to Vermont band Phish, who were Ben and Jerry's neighbours, but this is still a chocolatey corker.
3. Roskilly's Hokey Pokey
£ 4.70 for 500ml, roskillys.co.uk
This is made on a tiny Devon farm. Impossibly creamy with pleasingly crunchy bits of caramel, too. A double delight.
4. Waitrose Devonshire clotted cream
£3.99 for 1 litre, waitrose.com
Clotted cream may equal clotted arteries, but what a way to go. With its glossy smoothness, this is best eaten when just melting.
5. Haagen-Dazs chocolate fondant
£3.29 for 200ml, tesco.com
Overwhelmingly chocolatey – with both chocolate ice cream, sauce and brownies in the mix. Just don't eat more than one.
6. Rookbeare Farm pure Jersey vanilla
£4 for 500 ml, rookbearefarm.co.uk
Its bourbon vanilla flavour and Jersey cream milk has an alpine purity to it.
7. Heston from Waitrose salted caramel popcorn
£2.79 for 300ml, waitrose.com
Chef Blumenthal has essentially put a cinema confectionary stand into an ice cream here. Delicious.
8. Yeo Valley Organic Greek yogurt and honey
Although we like this, it is never going to be to everyone's taste: it is softer than normal ice cream and is partially made of yoghurt.
9. Green and Black's white chocolate and raspberry
£4.50 for 500ml, goodnessdirect.co.uk
If you love white chocolate you'll adore this. Particularly cake-like.
10. Gelupo Coppa raspberry lemon meringue pie
£3.95 for 150ml, selfridges.com
A gelato. Less fat so the raspberry and lemon are punchier. A zinger.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
GTA 5 Online spring DLC updates bring heists, new super car, multiple apartments and 'non-contact' option for races
Leading doctor calls for inquiry into NHS treatment of whistle-blowers
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 KFC 'sorry' after lesbian couple are kicked out of Bath restaurant for 'heavy petting'
- 2 West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker Dylan Tombides has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 5 PFA Player of the Year: Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard all nominated as Liverpool dominate award shortlist
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...