The 10 Best ice creams
From clotted cream and caramel crunch to low-fat gelato and chocolate fondant, help yourself to some heaven in a tub.
1. Antonio Federici pistacchio
£4.39 for 500ml, ocado.com
A gelato, the low-fat cousin of ice cream, made to the 1896 Federici Family recipe. It's quite thick, with a tongue-pleasing creaminess and is subtly sweet.
2. Ben and Jerry Phish Food
£3 for 500ml, asda.com
It may have first come out all the way back in 1997 as an icy paean to Vermont band Phish, who were Ben and Jerry's neighbours, but this is still a chocolatey corker.
3. Roskilly's Hokey Pokey
£ 4.70 for 500ml, roskillys.co.uk
This is made on a tiny Devon farm. Impossibly creamy with pleasingly crunchy bits of caramel, too. A double delight.
4. Waitrose Devonshire clotted cream
£3.99 for 1 litre, waitrose.com
Clotted cream may equal clotted arteries, but what a way to go. With its glossy smoothness, this is best eaten when just melting.
5. Haagen-Dazs chocolate fondant
£3.29 for 200ml, tesco.com
Overwhelmingly chocolatey – with both chocolate ice cream, sauce and brownies in the mix. Just don't eat more than one.
6. Rookbeare Farm pure Jersey vanilla
£4 for 500 ml, rookbearefarm.co.uk
Its bourbon vanilla flavour and Jersey cream milk has an alpine purity to it.
7. Heston from Waitrose salted caramel popcorn
£2.79 for 300ml, waitrose.com
Chef Blumenthal has essentially put a cinema confectionary stand into an ice cream here. Delicious.
8. Yeo Valley Organic Greek yogurt and honey
Although we like this, it is never going to be to everyone's taste: it is softer than normal ice cream and is partially made of yoghurt.
9. Green and Black's white chocolate and raspberry
£4.50 for 500ml, goodnessdirect.co.uk
If you love white chocolate you'll adore this. Particularly cake-like.
10. Gelupo Coppa raspberry lemon meringue pie
£3.95 for 150ml, selfridges.com
A gelato. Less fat so the raspberry and lemon are punchier. A zinger.
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...