The 10 Best ice creams
From clotted cream and caramel crunch to low-fat gelato and chocolate fondant, help yourself to some heaven in a tub.
1. Antonio Federici pistacchio
£4.39 for 500ml, ocado.com
A gelato, the low-fat cousin of ice cream, made to the 1896 Federici Family recipe. It's quite thick, with a tongue-pleasing creaminess and is subtly sweet.
2. Ben and Jerry Phish Food
£3 for 500ml, asda.com
It may have first come out all the way back in 1997 as an icy paean to Vermont band Phish, who were Ben and Jerry's neighbours, but this is still a chocolatey corker.
4. Waitrose Devonshire clotted cream
£3.99 for 1 litre, waitrose.com
Clotted cream may equal clotted arteries, but what a way to go. With its glossy smoothness, this is best eaten when just melting.
5. Haagen-Dazs chocolate fondant
£3.29 for 200ml, tesco.com
Overwhelmingly chocolatey – with both chocolate ice cream, sauce and brownies in the mix. Just don't eat more than one.
6. Rookbeare Farm pure Jersey vanilla
£4 for 500 ml, rookbearefarm.co.uk
Its bourbon vanilla flavour and Jersey cream milk has an alpine purity to it.
7. Heston from Waitrose salted caramel popcorn
£2.79 for 300ml, waitrose.com
Chef Blumenthal has essentially put a cinema confectionary stand into an ice cream here. Delicious.
8. Yeo Valley Organic Greek yogurt and honey
Although we like this, it is never going to be to everyone's taste: it is softer than normal ice cream and is partially made of yoghurt.
9. Green and Black's white chocolate and raspberry
£4.50 for 500ml, goodnessdirect.co.uk
If you love white chocolate you'll adore this. Particularly cake-like.
10. Gelupo Coppa raspberry lemon meringue pie
£3.95 for 150ml, selfridges.com
A gelato. Less fat so the raspberry and lemon are punchier. A zinger.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eculizumab: 'The £10m-per-patient NHS drug gave me my life back’
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...