The world's weirdest dining experiences
Tuesday 01 June 2010
Once upon a time it was enough that restaurants served up mouth-watering delicacies. But as the number of restaurants grows, establishments are seeking ever more unusual ways to draw in the punters and differentiate themselves from the competition.
So as some restaurants follow the more traditional Michelin-star road to success, we look at those that have chosen a wackier way to get the public's attention. From dining in the clouds to an undersea supper, read all about the world’s weirdest dining experiences.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...