What happens when you're out of range?
Samuel Muston is deputy editor & food editor of The Independent Magazine. He writes a weekly food column – On the Menu – which appears in The Independent on Friday and i on Monday. And also travel and general features. Follow him on Instagram at @smuston
Monday 25 June 2012
You do have to wonder if Aga quite knows who actually buys its cookers.
I mean, the new iTotal Control range – which lets its owner turn it off and on using a laptop or smartphone – sounds totally cool.
Who wouldn't love a hi-tech version of those big émigrés from the 1950s with their bum-warming fronts? But, being your average iPhone-toter (ie 20s-30s and unburdened by a trust fund), I can see a few problems. Could we get it up the stairs to my flat? Would the stairs hold as it went? And, more pertinently, where would I get £9,995 to buy it? That, I suspect, means me and 99 per cent of the population are out. And the other 1 per cent (most of whom probably already have one)? Well, I'm not sure we'll see squire Shenton emailing his cooker after a day out on the hunting field.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to remain as expensive, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...