What happens when you're out of range?
You do have to wonder if Aga quite knows who actually buys its cookers.
I mean, the new iTotal Control range – which lets its owner turn it off and on using a laptop or smartphone – sounds totally cool.
Who wouldn't love a hi-tech version of those big émigrés from the 1950s with their bum-warming fronts? But, being your average iPhone-toter (ie 20s-30s and unburdened by a trust fund), I can see a few problems. Could we get it up the stairs to my flat? Would the stairs hold as it went? And, more pertinently, where would I get £9,995 to buy it? That, I suspect, means me and 99 per cent of the population are out. And the other 1 per cent (most of whom probably already have one)? Well, I'm not sure we'll see squire Shenton emailing his cooker after a day out on the hunting field.
Life & Style blogs
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Exc...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...