Why I Love: All-beef patties
Sunday 24 May 2009
In the past year, I've developed this passion for hamburgers. I eat them about six or seven times a week and, though I'm not brand-loyal, I'm a huge fan of McDonald's. On the road, most of the time when we see the Golden Arches, we'll pull in and, in an average sitting, I'll eat a Quarter Pounder meal, a Big Mac meal and a couple of hamburgers.
We were in the States recently and we watched Super Size Me. After it, we couldn't wait to get to the nearest McDonald's. I'm not sure that was the desired effect. I'm 28, so it's not showing on my body yet, but my cousin did sit me down recently and give me a talking to about all the red meat I'm eating.
Sometimes, after eating a burger, it feels wrong, but then the craving kicks in. I write songs about need and desire, and who's to say that when I sing, I'm not thinking about my next burger.
Elviin's debut single, "In Colour", is out tomorrow on Virgin Records.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...