Why I Love: All-beef patties
Sunday 24 May 2009
In the past year, I've developed this passion for hamburgers. I eat them about six or seven times a week and, though I'm not brand-loyal, I'm a huge fan of McDonald's. On the road, most of the time when we see the Golden Arches, we'll pull in and, in an average sitting, I'll eat a Quarter Pounder meal, a Big Mac meal and a couple of hamburgers.
We were in the States recently and we watched Super Size Me. After it, we couldn't wait to get to the nearest McDonald's. I'm not sure that was the desired effect. I'm 28, so it's not showing on my body yet, but my cousin did sit me down recently and give me a talking to about all the red meat I'm eating.
Sometimes, after eating a burger, it feels wrong, but then the craving kicks in. I write songs about need and desire, and who's to say that when I sing, I'm not thinking about my next burger.
Elviin's debut single, "In Colour", is out tomorrow on Virgin Records.
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Does the path to true love really lie in these 36 questions?
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Does the path to true love really lie in these 36 questions?
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...