Wine: 2010 Feiler-Artinger Blaufränkisch, Burgenland; 2012 Palataia Pinot Noir, Pfalz; 2004 Château d'Angludet
Saturday 14 September 2013
2010 Feiler-Artinger Blaufränkisch, Burgenland
Bright and peppery as a Northern Rhône syrah, this spicy little number's made from the blaufränkisch grape. £8.24, (was £10.99), to 8 Oct, waitrosedirect.com
2012 Palataia Pinot Noir, Pfalz
The latest vintage of Gerd Stepp's fine pinot noir, this is a full-bodied Burgundian style in which red berry fragrance mingles with cherry and strawberry fruit. £8.99, M&S
2004 Château d'Angludet
This classic Margaux from the Sichel family, a cru classé in all but name, shows an aromatic cedar-spicy maturity with beautiful cassis and blackberryish flavours. £29.99, tesco.com
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...