Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 20 August 2011
2010 Fiano Sannio DOC
Fiano is one of the new-wave Neapolitan grapes restoring the good name of Italian white wines – in this instance for its crisp appley and pear fruitiness and its clean, dry aftertaste. £5.99, down from £7.99, until 4 September, Marks & Spencer
2009 Baron de Ley Graciano
This finely-balanced, modern Rioja is made from pure graciano, which brings rich, dark cherry and mulberry fruit characters, whose smoothness of texture is tempered by a trenchant blade of acidity. £8.99, Tesco
Pol Roger Réserve NV Brut Champagne
From one of the greats, this classic fizz, with its stylish toasty aromas and intense baked apple mousse that explode on the tongue, is too good to miss at this price. £28, down from £33, until Monday week, Majestic
Life & Style blogs
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
The Pirate Bay is back — but key staff have left to start a rival site
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...