Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 20 August 2011
2010 Fiano Sannio DOC
Fiano is one of the new-wave Neapolitan grapes restoring the good name of Italian white wines – in this instance for its crisp appley and pear fruitiness and its clean, dry aftertaste. £5.99, down from £7.99, until 4 September, Marks & Spencer
2009 Baron de Ley Graciano
This finely-balanced, modern Rioja is made from pure graciano, which brings rich, dark cherry and mulberry fruit characters, whose smoothness of texture is tempered by a trenchant blade of acidity. £8.99, Tesco
Pol Roger Réserve NV Brut Champagne
From one of the greats, this classic fizz, with its stylish toasty aromas and intense baked apple mousse that explode on the tongue, is too good to miss at this price. £28, down from £33, until Monday week, Majestic
Life & Style blogs
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...