Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 21 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest* Gavi
Aromatic with zingy apple flavours, good weight and the lively bite of the cortese grape, this is one of those classic Italian dry whites that goes beautifully with shellfish. Tesco, £5.98, reduced from £7.98, until 30 April
2011 Secano Paico Vineyard Block 3 Sauvignon Blanc
Fragrant sauvignon from Viña Leyda, there's an intense fruit quality that's gooseberryish in Sancerre mould – with a freshness that brings a dry tang. Marks & Spencer, £11.99
2007 Sideral, Altaïr
A Bordeaux-style Chilean red: chocolatey opulence, a fresh mint undertone and pristine fruit. Around £16.99, D Byrne (01200 423152), Wood Winters (01786 834894) and Wines of Interest (01473 215752)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...