Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 21 April 2012
2010 Tesco Finest* Gavi
Aromatic with zingy apple flavours, good weight and the lively bite of the cortese grape, this is one of those classic Italian dry whites that goes beautifully with shellfish. Tesco, £5.98, reduced from £7.98, until 30 April
2011 Secano Paico Vineyard Block 3 Sauvignon Blanc
Fragrant sauvignon from Viña Leyda, there's an intense fruit quality that's gooseberryish in Sancerre mould – with a freshness that brings a dry tang. Marks & Spencer, £11.99
2007 Sideral, Altaïr
A Bordeaux-style Chilean red: chocolatey opulence, a fresh mint undertone and pristine fruit. Around £16.99, D Byrne (01200 423152), Wood Winters (01786 834894) and Wines of Interest (01473 215752)
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...