Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 23 June 2012
2010 Domaine de la Croix de Chaintres, Saumur-Champigny, Loire
This summery red from the Filliatreau family is pure cabernet franc, bringing a herbal character to the red-berry fruit and a whiff of green pepper. £8.79, down from £10.99, until Tuesday, Waitrose
2011 Tesco Finest* Tingleup Riesling
From Howard Park's Janice McDonald in Western Australia, this is an excellent dry riesling whose lime-like aromas are complemented by a zesty fruit quality, rounded out by a touch of juicy sweetness. Tesco, £9.99
2008 Vincent Girardin Saint Aubin Premier Cru Les Perrières
This Côte de Beaune chardonnay is a superbly crafted, full-flavoured dry white Burgundy in meursault style with a whiff of oak smokiness underpinned by a mineral dry aftertaste. £25, Laithwaites
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...