Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 23 June 2012
2010 Domaine de la Croix de Chaintres, Saumur-Champigny, Loire
This summery red from the Filliatreau family is pure cabernet franc, bringing a herbal character to the red-berry fruit and a whiff of green pepper. £8.79, down from £10.99, until Tuesday, Waitrose
2011 Tesco Finest* Tingleup Riesling
From Howard Park's Janice McDonald in Western Australia, this is an excellent dry riesling whose lime-like aromas are complemented by a zesty fruit quality, rounded out by a touch of juicy sweetness. Tesco, £9.99
2008 Vincent Girardin Saint Aubin Premier Cru Les Perrières
This Côte de Beaune chardonnay is a superbly crafted, full-flavoured dry white Burgundy in meursault style with a whiff of oak smokiness underpinned by a mineral dry aftertaste. £25, Laithwaites
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...