Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 23 June 2012
2010 Domaine de la Croix de Chaintres, Saumur-Champigny, Loire
This summery red from the Filliatreau family is pure cabernet franc, bringing a herbal character to the red-berry fruit and a whiff of green pepper. £8.79, down from £10.99, until Tuesday, Waitrose
2011 Tesco Finest* Tingleup Riesling
From Howard Park's Janice McDonald in Western Australia, this is an excellent dry riesling whose lime-like aromas are complemented by a zesty fruit quality, rounded out by a touch of juicy sweetness. Tesco, £9.99
2008 Vincent Girardin Saint Aubin Premier Cru Les Perrières
This Côte de Beaune chardonnay is a superbly crafted, full-flavoured dry white Burgundy in meursault style with a whiff of oak smokiness underpinned by a mineral dry aftertaste. £25, Laithwaites
Life & Style blogs
The psychology of flirtation: how to know when someone's interested
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 E.L James's #AskELJames Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...