Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 23 June 2012
2010 Domaine de la Croix de Chaintres, Saumur-Champigny, Loire
This summery red from the Filliatreau family is pure cabernet franc, bringing a herbal character to the red-berry fruit and a whiff of green pepper. £8.79, down from £10.99, until Tuesday, Waitrose
2011 Tesco Finest* Tingleup Riesling
From Howard Park's Janice McDonald in Western Australia, this is an excellent dry riesling whose lime-like aromas are complemented by a zesty fruit quality, rounded out by a touch of juicy sweetness. Tesco, £9.99
2008 Vincent Girardin Saint Aubin Premier Cru Les Perrières
This Côte de Beaune chardonnay is a superbly crafted, full-flavoured dry white Burgundy in meursault style with a whiff of oak smokiness underpinned by a mineral dry aftertaste. £25, Laithwaites
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Men who buy sex share 'key characteristics' with aggressive sex offenders, study claims
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...