Wine: Something for the weekend?
Saturday 23 June 2012
2010 Domaine de la Croix de Chaintres, Saumur-Champigny, Loire
This summery red from the Filliatreau family is pure cabernet franc, bringing a herbal character to the red-berry fruit and a whiff of green pepper. £8.79, down from £10.99, until Tuesday, Waitrose
2011 Tesco Finest* Tingleup Riesling
From Howard Park's Janice McDonald in Western Australia, this is an excellent dry riesling whose lime-like aromas are complemented by a zesty fruit quality, rounded out by a touch of juicy sweetness. Tesco, £9.99
2008 Vincent Girardin Saint Aubin Premier Cru Les Perrières
This Côte de Beaune chardonnay is a superbly crafted, full-flavoured dry white Burgundy in meursault style with a whiff of oak smokiness underpinned by a mineral dry aftertaste. £25, Laithwaites
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...