Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 September 2012
2006 Parcel Series Eden Valley Riesling
Bargain is an overused word, but occasionally one demands your attention, such as this aromatic Eden Valley dry riesling from McWilliams with its lime-rich flavours turning into honey. £6.99, Majestic
2009 Plan de Dieu Côtes du Rhône Villages
The olive and pepper aromas in this grenache, syrah and mourvèdre blend in the Harvey Nicks series are pure southern Rhône, the fruit glossy with vibrancy and a kick. £13, Harvey Nichols
2010 Tommasi Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore
A pure expression of Venetian corvina with its cherryish fruit framed by oak . £17.25-£21.99, L'Art du Vin (01383 873510), Hedonism Wines (020-7290 7870).
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...