Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 September 2012
2006 Parcel Series Eden Valley Riesling
Bargain is an overused word, but occasionally one demands your attention, such as this aromatic Eden Valley dry riesling from McWilliams with its lime-rich flavours turning into honey. £6.99, Majestic
2009 Plan de Dieu Côtes du Rhône Villages
The olive and pepper aromas in this grenache, syrah and mourvèdre blend in the Harvey Nicks series are pure southern Rhône, the fruit glossy with vibrancy and a kick. £13, Harvey Nichols
2010 Tommasi Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore
A pure expression of Venetian corvina with its cherryish fruit framed by oak . £17.25-£21.99, L'Art du Vin (01383 873510), Hedonism Wines (020-7290 7870).
Life & Style blogs
Childcare 'not just a women's issue,' says shadow minister as she sets out her 'dadifesto'
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best juicers
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
The 10 Best food processors
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...