Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 September 2012
2006 Parcel Series Eden Valley Riesling
Bargain is an overused word, but occasionally one demands your attention, such as this aromatic Eden Valley dry riesling from McWilliams with its lime-rich flavours turning into honey. £6.99, Majestic
2009 Plan de Dieu Côtes du Rhône Villages
The olive and pepper aromas in this grenache, syrah and mourvèdre blend in the Harvey Nicks series are pure southern Rhône, the fruit glossy with vibrancy and a kick. £13, Harvey Nichols
2010 Tommasi Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore
A pure expression of Venetian corvina with its cherryish fruit framed by oak . £17.25-£21.99, L'Art du Vin (01383 873510), Hedonism Wines (020-7290 7870).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...