Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 22 September 2012
2006 Parcel Series Eden Valley Riesling
Bargain is an overused word, but occasionally one demands your attention, such as this aromatic Eden Valley dry riesling from McWilliams with its lime-rich flavours turning into honey. £6.99, Majestic
2009 Plan de Dieu Côtes du Rhône Villages
The olive and pepper aromas in this grenache, syrah and mourvèdre blend in the Harvey Nicks series are pure southern Rhône, the fruit glossy with vibrancy and a kick. £13, Harvey Nichols
2010 Tommasi Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore
A pure expression of Venetian corvina with its cherryish fruit framed by oak . £17.25-£21.99, L'Art du Vin (01383 873510), Hedonism Wines (020-7290 7870).
Life & Style blogs
Melanoma rates in the UK are up five times on the 1970s
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
How dementia is changing me: My battle with an ever-shifting identity
The 10 Best kitchen knives
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
- 1 Disabled people are trapped in assessment 'nightmare' by PIP benefits regime, says Dr Stephen Duckworth
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 David Bailey captures another side of the Queen in birthday portrait
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Shropshire criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...