Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 20 October 2012
2011 Cosmina Pinot Noir Banat, Romania
Gone is the old Romanian pinot noir and in its place a soft-centred mulberry and cherry-filled modern red flecked with oak spice; eminently quaffable. £6.99, Waitrose
2007 Noster Nobilis La Perla Del Priorat
Thanks to a blend of grenache, carignan and cabernet sauvignon, this red tastes rich and powerful, its fruit framed by a firm grip and a plum freshness. £9.98, Asda
2009 Fromm La Strada Syrah, Marlborough
Seductive Kiwi syrah with juniper spice underpinned by peppery fruit in the style of Côte Rôtie. Around £20, Windermere Wine Shop (015394 46891) Caviste (01256 771080)
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...