Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 20 October 2012
2011 Cosmina Pinot Noir Banat, Romania
Gone is the old Romanian pinot noir and in its place a soft-centred mulberry and cherry-filled modern red flecked with oak spice; eminently quaffable. £6.99, Waitrose
2007 Noster Nobilis La Perla Del Priorat
Thanks to a blend of grenache, carignan and cabernet sauvignon, this red tastes rich and powerful, its fruit framed by a firm grip and a plum freshness. £9.98, Asda
2009 Fromm La Strada Syrah, Marlborough
Seductive Kiwi syrah with juniper spice underpinned by peppery fruit in the style of Côte Rôtie. Around £20, Windermere Wine Shop (015394 46891) Caviste (01256 771080)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...