Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 20 October 2012
2011 Cosmina Pinot Noir Banat, Romania
Gone is the old Romanian pinot noir and in its place a soft-centred mulberry and cherry-filled modern red flecked with oak spice; eminently quaffable. £6.99, Waitrose
2007 Noster Nobilis La Perla Del Priorat
Thanks to a blend of grenache, carignan and cabernet sauvignon, this red tastes rich and powerful, its fruit framed by a firm grip and a plum freshness. £9.98, Asda
2009 Fromm La Strada Syrah, Marlborough
Seductive Kiwi syrah with juniper spice underpinned by peppery fruit in the style of Côte Rôtie. Around £20, Windermere Wine Shop (015394 46891) Caviste (01256 771080)
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...