Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 19 January 2013
2010 Tesco Finest* Saint-Mont, Plaimont
This south-west French blend of the local Gros Manseng, Petit Courbu and Arrufiac with its intense tropical fruit zest is great value even at the list price. £5.49, down from £6.99, Tesco
2010 The Hedonist Shiraz, McLaren Vale, South Australia
This smoky, biodynamic Aussie red has opulent, blackberry-fruit flavours with chocolatey undertones and bright, refreshingly balanced acidity. £12.99, Waitrose
2009 Château Boutisse, Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux
This youthful, fragrant, modern Right Bank Bordeaux blend uses mainly merlot for succulence with a stiffening backbone of cabernet sauvignon and franc. £25, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Scientists find the origin of 'bad' fat linked to heart disease and cancer
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote in North Korean elections
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We're looking for...
£18000 - £34000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Group: Becom...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...
£18000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre First and Business: This i...