Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 19 January 2013
2010 Tesco Finest* Saint-Mont, Plaimont
This south-west French blend of the local Gros Manseng, Petit Courbu and Arrufiac with its intense tropical fruit zest is great value even at the list price. £5.49, down from £6.99, Tesco
2010 The Hedonist Shiraz, McLaren Vale, South Australia
This smoky, biodynamic Aussie red has opulent, blackberry-fruit flavours with chocolatey undertones and bright, refreshingly balanced acidity. £12.99, Waitrose
2009 Château Boutisse, Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux
This youthful, fragrant, modern Right Bank Bordeaux blend uses mainly merlot for succulence with a stiffening backbone of cabernet sauvignon and franc. £25, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...