Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 19 January 2013
2010 Tesco Finest* Saint-Mont, Plaimont
This south-west French blend of the local Gros Manseng, Petit Courbu and Arrufiac with its intense tropical fruit zest is great value even at the list price. £5.49, down from £6.99, Tesco
2010 The Hedonist Shiraz, McLaren Vale, South Australia
This smoky, biodynamic Aussie red has opulent, blackberry-fruit flavours with chocolatey undertones and bright, refreshingly balanced acidity. £12.99, Waitrose
2009 Château Boutisse, Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux
This youthful, fragrant, modern Right Bank Bordeaux blend uses mainly merlot for succulence with a stiffening backbone of cabernet sauvignon and franc. £25, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Melanoma rates in the UK are up five times on the 1970s
Palcohol: US Government reveals it has approved powdered alcohol
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
How dementia is changing me: My battle with an ever-shifting identity
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
- 1 ‘Leeds is on fire’: Huge chemical-fuelled blaze on Armley industrial estate leads to hazardous smoke warning for city
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Queen turns 88: David Bailey captures another side of the Queen in birthday portrait
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...