Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 19 January 2013
2010 Tesco Finest* Saint-Mont, Plaimont
This south-west French blend of the local Gros Manseng, Petit Courbu and Arrufiac with its intense tropical fruit zest is great value even at the list price. £5.49, down from £6.99, Tesco
2010 The Hedonist Shiraz, McLaren Vale, South Australia
This smoky, biodynamic Aussie red has opulent, blackberry-fruit flavours with chocolatey undertones and bright, refreshingly balanced acidity. £12.99, Waitrose
2009 Château Boutisse, Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux
This youthful, fragrant, modern Right Bank Bordeaux blend uses mainly merlot for succulence with a stiffening backbone of cabernet sauvignon and franc. £25, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
Alien: Isolation preview - If you scream in space, it makes a sound
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Mac OS X Yosemite download: How to get the open beta of Apple's latest operating system
How to make your own gourmet ice lollies, granitas, slushy cocktails and frozen yoghurt
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...