Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 06 April 2013
2012 DB De Bortoli Australian Chardonnay
This pale, new-vintage chardonnay from De Bortoli shows a juicy and appetisingly peachy fruit quality with a touch of oak character to round it out and a lively balancing freshness. £6.49, Asda
2009 Domaine Les Grandes Costes, Pic Saint Loup
Hats off to the Co-op for sourcing this spicy Languedoc blend whose fruitiness is framed by delicate oak and grilled meat-friendly tannins. £12.99, The Co-operative
2010 Yarra Valley Estate Grown Pinot Noir, De Bortoli, Yarra Valley
It's De Bortoli again, here their pinot noir which is Burgundian in style with fraise du bois fragrance and raspberry and cherry fruitiness. £17.15, Philglas & Swiggot (020- 7924 4494)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...