Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 06 April 2013
2012 DB De Bortoli Australian Chardonnay
This pale, new-vintage chardonnay from De Bortoli shows a juicy and appetisingly peachy fruit quality with a touch of oak character to round it out and a lively balancing freshness. £6.49, Asda
2009 Domaine Les Grandes Costes, Pic Saint Loup
Hats off to the Co-op for sourcing this spicy Languedoc blend whose fruitiness is framed by delicate oak and grilled meat-friendly tannins. £12.99, The Co-operative
2010 Yarra Valley Estate Grown Pinot Noir, De Bortoli, Yarra Valley
It's De Bortoli again, here their pinot noir which is Burgundian in style with fraise du bois fragrance and raspberry and cherry fruitiness. £17.15, Philglas & Swiggot (020- 7924 4494)
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...