Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 06 April 2013
2012 DB De Bortoli Australian Chardonnay
This pale, new-vintage chardonnay from De Bortoli shows a juicy and appetisingly peachy fruit quality with a touch of oak character to round it out and a lively balancing freshness. £6.49, Asda
2009 Domaine Les Grandes Costes, Pic Saint Loup
Hats off to the Co-op for sourcing this spicy Languedoc blend whose fruitiness is framed by delicate oak and grilled meat-friendly tannins. £12.99, The Co-operative
2010 Yarra Valley Estate Grown Pinot Noir, De Bortoli, Yarra Valley
It's De Bortoli again, here their pinot noir which is Burgundian in style with fraise du bois fragrance and raspberry and cherry fruitiness. £17.15, Philglas & Swiggot (020- 7924 4494)
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cure for cancer to her scientist father
Scandal of doctors who get cash from healthcare firms for patient referrals
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...