Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 06 April 2013
2012 DB De Bortoli Australian Chardonnay
This pale, new-vintage chardonnay from De Bortoli shows a juicy and appetisingly peachy fruit quality with a touch of oak character to round it out and a lively balancing freshness. £6.49, Asda
2009 Domaine Les Grandes Costes, Pic Saint Loup
Hats off to the Co-op for sourcing this spicy Languedoc blend whose fruitiness is framed by delicate oak and grilled meat-friendly tannins. £12.99, The Co-operative
2010 Yarra Valley Estate Grown Pinot Noir, De Bortoli, Yarra Valley
It's De Bortoli again, here their pinot noir which is Burgundian in style with fraise du bois fragrance and raspberry and cherry fruitiness. £17.15, Philglas & Swiggot (020- 7924 4494)
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...