Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 08 June 2013
2012 Domain Bégude Chardonnay, Haute Vallée de l'Aude
Made by the Kinglakes, an English family in the region of Limoux, this is a complex, peachy chardonnay. £9.45, down to £7.49 until 11 June, Waitrose
2011 Spolverino Carpineto
A succulent Chianti-style red from Tuscany with a tobacco-spicy sangiovese-based sweet and sour cherry fruit and a veneer of smoky oak. £12.49, 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2011 Red Claw Mornington Peninsula Chardonnay
This appley chardonnay is polished by a layer of oak in a restrained Chablisesque Oz dry white, finishing with lots of nutty flavours. £17.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Google Plus might be dead, as ‘Streams’ and ‘Photos’ take its place
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...