Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 08 June 2013
2012 Domain Bégude Chardonnay, Haute Vallée de l'Aude
Made by the Kinglakes, an English family in the region of Limoux, this is a complex, peachy chardonnay. £9.45, down to £7.49 until 11 June, Waitrose
2011 Spolverino Carpineto
A succulent Chianti-style red from Tuscany with a tobacco-spicy sangiovese-based sweet and sour cherry fruit and a veneer of smoky oak. £12.49, 2 = £9.99, Majestic
2011 Red Claw Mornington Peninsula Chardonnay
This appley chardonnay is polished by a layer of oak in a restrained Chablisesque Oz dry white, finishing with lots of nutty flavours. £17.99, Marks & Spencer
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...