Wine: Something for the weekend
2012 Taste the Difference Côtes du Rhone Villages
Looking for an autumnal-warming Rhône red to spice up your evenings on the sofa? This berry-fruited red is just the ticket. £6.99, Sainsbury's
2008 Marques de Riscal Rioja Reserva
Delightfully mature in its sweet, gamey aromas, this is a classic rioja blend, showing cherryish fruit that's maturing gracefully into mellow, savoury middle age. £14.99, Morrisons
2010 Avignonesi Vino Nobile
The third great sangiovese-based red to form the famous Tuscan triumvirate, showing, here, a richly cherryish rosso whose succulent fruit is mellowed into textured finesse. £26, M&S
Life & Style blogs
‘I had to terminate my pregnancies because I was carrying girls’ - the story of a woman forced into gender-selective abortions
'Excluded' dads put the heat on Mumsnet with campaign for parental parity in bringing up baby
Bill Granger recipes: Our chef cooks some American diner classics
GIF inventor Steve Wilhite says it should be pronounced 'jif'
'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Malaysia flight MH370: Pitbull song lyrics bear uncanny resemblance to missing plane mystery, according to YouTubers
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Exc...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...