Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 04 January 2014
Finest* Sauvignon Blanc Furmint, Slovenia
Distinctive dry white combining sauvignon blanc with the furmint grape. A spicy blend with apple and pear juiciness. £5.99, down from £7.99, Tesco, until 22 January
2010 Malvirà Nebbiolo delle Langhe
Elegance from a Barolo country red whose floral, berry-fruit fragrance lures you. A bright cherryish fruit, which retains the trademark freshness of the Alpine foothills. £11.99, Waitrose
2010 Châteauneuf-du-Pape, La Bernadine
Liquorice spicy in aroma, this grenache/syrah/mourvèdre blend shows rich plum pudding fruitiness. £23.27-27.73, Hermitage Cellars (01243 431002), winedirect.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
The Last of Us Remastered: Once stilted and melodramatic, Hollywood is giving acting in video games a makeover
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing
Ebola: UK is ready to deal with outbreak, says Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...