Bacon is all over us – like a rasher...
Everything tastes better with bacon. Or so goes a flawed bit of mid-Noughties American wisdom.
What started out as a breakfast food has grown into something different in recent years. It's become some sort of all-purpose, all-dominating flavour – it could even be about to invade television screens thanks to US bacon entrepreneurs Justin Esch and Dave Lefkow (the geniuses behind such products as BaconSalt, and Baconnaise) who are rumoured to be making a reality television show based on their pork-peddling business.
Until then, you can take on bacon in other unusual forms. How a bottle of bacon vodka? Or why not nibble on some bacon chocolate (on sale at firebox.com) as we wait for our beef burger to cook so we can smear Eat 17 bacon jam on it?
Sound a bit heavy on the teeth, as well as the digestion? Don't worry, you can clean them with Mr Bacon's (you guessed it) bacon toothpaste.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: D...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: FCm Travel Solutions: FCm ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K base & uncapped commission & benefits: Flight...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: We would very much like to hear from applicant...