Bacon is all over us – like a rasher...
Everything tastes better with bacon. Or so goes a flawed bit of mid-Noughties American wisdom.
What started out as a breakfast food has grown into something different in recent years. It's become some sort of all-purpose, all-dominating flavour – it could even be about to invade television screens thanks to US bacon entrepreneurs Justin Esch and Dave Lefkow (the geniuses behind such products as BaconSalt, and Baconnaise) who are rumoured to be making a reality television show based on their pork-peddling business.
Until then, you can take on bacon in other unusual forms. How a bottle of bacon vodka? Or why not nibble on some bacon chocolate (on sale at firebox.com) as we wait for our beef burger to cook so we can smear Eat 17 bacon jam on it?
Sound a bit heavy on the teeth, as well as the digestion? Don't worry, you can clean them with Mr Bacon's (you guessed it) bacon toothpaste.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...