Canned goods: Heinz meanz beanz… and, er, curry and cheese?
It was a mere three months ago that they were going all posh with a five-bean "update", but now Heinz has abandoned the kidney, pinto, cannellini and borlotti beans in favour of some more down-on-the-farm flavours. The new Heinz Flavoured Beanz range includes Cheddar cheese, fiery chilli, barbecue and curry flavour. Trending managed to track down a can of the curry beans for a taste test yesterday, and they aren't so bad.
The first thing you notice on opening a can is that the goods within look identical to the stuff you put on your toast. The haricot beans still bob along in sauce, which itself looks untroubled by anything other than the usual tomato mix. And what of the taste? It just tastes a bit sweet – the spice being a modest, verging-on-meek, presence. Not bad beans, all told, but korma and madras they most certainly ain't.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...