Canned goods: Heinz meanz beanz… and, er, curry and cheese?
It was a mere three months ago that they were going all posh with a five-bean "update", but now Heinz has abandoned the kidney, pinto, cannellini and borlotti beans in favour of some more down-on-the-farm flavours. The new Heinz Flavoured Beanz range includes Cheddar cheese, fiery chilli, barbecue and curry flavour. Trending managed to track down a can of the curry beans for a taste test yesterday, and they aren't so bad.
The first thing you notice on opening a can is that the goods within look identical to the stuff you put on your toast. The haricot beans still bob along in sauce, which itself looks untroubled by anything other than the usual tomato mix. And what of the taste? It just tastes a bit sweet – the spice being a modest, verging-on-meek, presence. Not bad beans, all told, but korma and madras they most certainly ain't.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...