Charity: A meaty way to make Movember money
Every November, burger chain Byron supports Movember, the charity that encourages chaps to grow a moustache and raise money for men's health, specifically raising awareness of prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Byron does this in the way it knows best: with great slabs of beef. During the whole of this month, Byron has on its menu the Movember burger, a plump construction comprised of beef, Cheddar, salted cucumber and a whack of mustard dill dressing, all held within the generous embrace of an outsized sesame-seed bun.
With charity in our hearts, the Trending desk took a stroll to the Byron closest to our offices to sample the burger, 50 pence of which goes to the charity. The verdict? Broadly positive. It was likened to "an oversized Big Mac", it was "cheesy in the best way" and "bloody big". Only the salted cucumber came in for criticism. That and the fact that its size meant the year-round moustache-wearer is in danger of eating their lunch, or bits of it at least, until bedtime. Still, much more civilised to go and eat a charity burger than run the risk of growing a tache and looking like a fish finger has been deposited on your top lip, as happened to one colleague last year.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...