Food: Fillets for females, surely some mis-steak
The newest addition to London's dining scene, STK, may have no vowels but it certainly has a conceit: it's a steak house for, err, girls.
The sixth location for the chain, and the first outside America, opens its doors on The Strand on 4 December and will retain both the tasteful look of its American counterparts – plaster-cast horns, black platform seats and a black gloss and cream paint job – and its "female-friendly mindset". What exactly is a female-friendly steak house? It appears that feminising the macho world of the steak house involves offering small, medium and large cuts of meat and, sharp intake of breath, offering "naturally raised options and market-fresh fish entrées". Because, y'know, the ladies love that stuff.
Whether they will also love the sexualised pictures of rouged lips and steak on the website and the restaurants' not-so-feminist tagline – "not your daddy's steakhouse" – remains, as yet, to be seen.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...