Food: Fillets for females, surely some mis-steak
The newest addition to London's dining scene, STK, may have no vowels but it certainly has a conceit: it's a steak house for, err, girls.
The sixth location for the chain, and the first outside America, opens its doors on The Strand on 4 December and will retain both the tasteful look of its American counterparts – plaster-cast horns, black platform seats and a black gloss and cream paint job – and its "female-friendly mindset". What exactly is a female-friendly steak house? It appears that feminising the macho world of the steak house involves offering small, medium and large cuts of meat and, sharp intake of breath, offering "naturally raised options and market-fresh fish entrées". Because, y'know, the ladies love that stuff.
Whether they will also love the sexualised pictures of rouged lips and steak on the website and the restaurants' not-so-feminist tagline – "not your daddy's steakhouse" – remains, as yet, to be seen.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
iJobs Food & Drink
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...