Sunday 04 April 2010
250g/8oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g/7oz plump dried apricots (or any other dried fruit such as figs or prunes or a combination)
1 tbsp icing sugar
Start by placing the apricots in warm water – allow to soften and swell in the water for 15 minutes, then drain and remove. Pat dry and chop half of the apricots into small rough pieces. Place the other half in a food processor along with the butter and icing sugar and purée until soft and creamy. Combine with the apricot pieces.
Using a spatula, remove and spoon on to a generous piece of parchment paper, shape into a sausage shape and wrap the parchment paper around. Chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour before using. Spread on the toasted buns just before serving.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...