Asparagus, radish and fennel salad
I love using raw asparagus, thinly shaved, in salads like this, as it has a completely different flavour raw from cooked. You can also use other vegetables in this dish, such as carrots, courgettes or cucumber, to add a nice variety of colours.
You can serve this as a starter, or as an accompaniment to simply grilled or barbecued fish.
6-8 thick asparagus spears with the woody ends trimmed off
1 medium head of fennel, halved and thinly sliced
12-15 large radishes, washed, thinly sliced, leaves reserved for the salad
For the dressing
The juice of a lemon
1tbsp good-quality white-wine vinegar
3tbsp peanut or walnut oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the asparagus on the angle as thinly as possible. Mix all the ingredients together for the dressing; toss the asparagus, fennel, radishes and leaves in it; season. Serve in a sharing bowl.
Life & Style blogs
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...