Asparagus with crab and chopped duck egg
Saturday 12 June 2010
Asparagus and crab is a great combination and the colours look fantastic on the plate. Try to choose thick asparagus spears for this dish as they will look much more impressive when they are on the plate.
250-300g thick asparagus with the woody stalks removed
1tbsp brown crab meat
tbsp good quality mayonnaise
Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
2tbsp white crab meat
1 duck egg, hard boiled for 6-7 minutes
1tsp finely chopped chives
tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes or until tender, then drain and leave to cool. Whisk the brown crab meat together with the mayonnaise until smooth and season to taste.
To serve, spoon the brown crab mix into the centre of serving plates and spread a little with the back of the spoon. Chop the egg quite finely, lay the asparagus in a line on the brown crab, then spoon the chopped egg across the centre of the asparagus followed by the white crab, then the chives.
Grind a little white pepper over, sprinkle with sea salt then drizzle over the rapeseed oil.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...