Baked garlic on toast with smoked anchovies
Saturday 20 February 2010
These delicious cold smoked anchovies in oil are available at Brindisa. They are more like a fresh than a canned product, quite unique and one of my favourite convenience foods. If you want to avoid the garlic, just serve them on hot buttered toast.
1 head of fresh garlic
4 slices of good quality bloomer or sour dough toast
1 can of Nardin smoked anchovies
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Wrap the garlic bulb in foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until it's soft.
Remove the foil, leave to cool a little, cut in half and squeeze out the pulp.
Toast the bread on both sides and spread the baked garlic on top; then drain the anchovies and lay them on top.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 Mother of newborn Baby No 59 trapped in sewer pipe told Chinese police she 'heard crying' when she raised alarm
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...