Baked garlic on toast with smoked anchovies
Saturday 20 February 2010
These delicious cold smoked anchovies in oil are available at Brindisa. They are more like a fresh than a canned product, quite unique and one of my favourite convenience foods. If you want to avoid the garlic, just serve them on hot buttered toast.
1 head of fresh garlic
4 slices of good quality bloomer or sour dough toast
1 can of Nardin smoked anchovies
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Wrap the garlic bulb in foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until it's soft.
Remove the foil, leave to cool a little, cut in half and squeeze out the pulp.
Toast the bread on both sides and spread the baked garlic on top; then drain the anchovies and lay them on top.
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Worst time to be a parent revealed: Dinner, baths and bed time push stress levels to peak
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...