Baked garlic on toast with smoked anchovies
Saturday 20 February 2010
These delicious cold smoked anchovies in oil are available at Brindisa. They are more like a fresh than a canned product, quite unique and one of my favourite convenience foods. If you want to avoid the garlic, just serve them on hot buttered toast.
1 head of fresh garlic
4 slices of good quality bloomer or sour dough toast
1 can of Nardin smoked anchovies
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Wrap the garlic bulb in foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until it's soft.
Remove the foil, leave to cool a little, cut in half and squeeze out the pulp.
Toast the bread on both sides and spread the baked garlic on top; then drain the anchovies and lay them on top.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...