Sunday 03 July 2011
This dish is best served at room temperature – it is light in flavour, easy to make and perfect for vegetarians
1kg/2lb ricotta – cow, sheep or buffalo
The zest of one lemon
1 dried chilli, crumbled
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1 small bunch of marjoram, leaves only
An 8in x 3in loaf tin
A little olive oil with which to brush the tin
Place the ricotta in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to loosen a little, then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Now stir in all the other ingredients.
Brush the tin with the oil and spoon in the ricotta mixture. Bake on the middle shelf of an oven set at 180C/ 350F/Gas4 for 45 minutes.
Serve with a salad. Here, I have served it with yellow beans, roasted tomatoes and radicchio.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...