Sunday 03 July 2011
This dish is best served at room temperature – it is light in flavour, easy to make and perfect for vegetarians
1kg/2lb ricotta – cow, sheep or buffalo
The zest of one lemon
1 dried chilli, crumbled
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1 small bunch of marjoram, leaves only
An 8in x 3in loaf tin
A little olive oil with which to brush the tin
Place the ricotta in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to loosen a little, then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Now stir in all the other ingredients.
Brush the tin with the oil and spoon in the ricotta mixture. Bake on the middle shelf of an oven set at 180C/ 350F/Gas4 for 45 minutes.
Serve with a salad. Here, I have served it with yellow beans, roasted tomatoes and radicchio.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...