Sunday 03 July 2011
This dish is best served at room temperature – it is light in flavour, easy to make and perfect for vegetarians
1kg/2lb ricotta – cow, sheep or buffalo
The zest of one lemon
1 dried chilli, crumbled
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1 small bunch of marjoram, leaves only
An 8in x 3in loaf tin
A little olive oil with which to brush the tin
Place the ricotta in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to loosen a little, then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Now stir in all the other ingredients.
Brush the tin with the oil and spoon in the ricotta mixture. Bake on the middle shelf of an oven set at 180C/ 350F/Gas4 for 45 minutes.
Serve with a salad. Here, I have served it with yellow beans, roasted tomatoes and radicchio.
Life & Style blogs
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Meow Chat: New messaging app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Ebola epidemic: Plagued by fear
Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
Topless sunbathing is no longer 'du jour' in France
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...