Sunday 10 May 2009
100ml/31/2fl oz cold water
290ml/10fl oz sweetened condensed milk
480ml/161/2fl oz double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
15 Savoyard (sponge finger) biscuits
6 bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally
1 tbsp good-quality dark chocolate, grated
Place the water and condensed milk into an electric mixer and beat for a minute or until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, beat the cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the "custard" into the stiffened cream and chill for an hour.
Once cold, remove from the fridge and set aside while you build the rest of the dish.
Taking a serving bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients, place half the biscuits on the base, followed by a layer of bananas, followed by a generous layer of the custard.
Now do a second layer of biscuits, followed by the bananas, finish with a layer of custard, smooth the top using a spatula, and cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to firm for two hours.
Just before serving, sprinkle over the chocolate and serve simply on its own.
Life & Style blogs
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
Amazon’s minimum spend doubled: customers must now spend £20 to get free delivery
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 #NotGuilty: Second Oxford student writes of brutal rape by two men who then threw her in a bin as part of campaign against victim blaming
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...