Sunday 10 May 2009
100ml/31/2fl oz cold water
290ml/10fl oz sweetened condensed milk
480ml/161/2fl oz double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
15 Savoyard (sponge finger) biscuits
6 bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally
1 tbsp good-quality dark chocolate, grated
Place the water and condensed milk into an electric mixer and beat for a minute or until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, beat the cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the "custard" into the stiffened cream and chill for an hour.
Once cold, remove from the fridge and set aside while you build the rest of the dish.
Taking a serving bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients, place half the biscuits on the base, followed by a layer of bananas, followed by a generous layer of the custard.
Now do a second layer of biscuits, followed by the bananas, finish with a layer of custard, smooth the top using a spatula, and cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to firm for two hours.
Just before serving, sprinkle over the chocolate and serve simply on its own.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...